|"... And this is Duskflower. She hid her wounds because she wanted to take care of her kits, but she died just when we thought we had won. She was the bravest of all."|
|— Foxpaw explaining Duskflower's mark in Gorsestar's Storm, page 18|
|Past:||ThunderClan, LionClan (modern)|
|Age:||approx. 72 moons (6 years) at death|
|Cause of Death|
|Cause of Death:||Injuries|
Cinderwhisker, Hawkclaw, Mistfall, Newtkit, Antkit
Thrushwing, Darkcloud, Specklefur, Hawkpaw
|Mentor(s):||Icestorm, Hickorytuft (temporarily)|
|Living:||Rising Storm, A Dangerous Path, The Darkest Hour, Flamestar's Quest, A Clan in Need, Midnight, Moonrise, Dawn, Starlight, Twilight, Sunset, The Sight, Dark River, Outcast, Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, Petalshine's Story, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Brindlestar's Omen, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope|
|Dead:||The Ultimate Guide, Gorsestar's Storm|
In the Super Edition Arc Edit
Flamestar's Quest Edit
- In Mosstail's den, she is complaining about a thorn in her front paw. Mosstail scolds her for making a fuss, and tells Flamestar that Icestorm has her paws full with her. He also confronts Duskpaw later and says most of the warriors around her have had much worse than a thorn in their paws, and she should learn to be quiet about things that barely matter. Later, Duskpaw is seen wincing in pain as Mosstail pulls the thorn out of her paw.
- When her mother, Blossomtail, is killed in a badger attack, Duskpaw is devastated, along with her two littermates. Mosstail takes care of the three of them, but eventually lets them stay with Iceleg and Hollypool in the nursery instead, since they were so newly apprenticed. Mosstail thinks it wouldn't hurt them to be treated like kits for a little while.
- When Icestorm leaves to find SkyClan with Flamestar, Hickorytuft becomes Duskpaw's temporary mentor, and she is shown bouncing eagerly around him. He tells Icestorm that he will take care of her apprentice, teasingly saying that she has been too lenient with her. Duskpaw replies that Icestorm is a great mentor.
Gorsestar's Storm Edit
- When Foxpaw is naming the fallen, Duskflower is mentioned. Foxpaw says that she hid her wounds to take care of the kits, and she died just when the Clan thought they had won. She is mentioned to be the bravest of the fallen.
- It is mentioned that Grayfoot, Duskflower's mate, sounded grim and focused, as if he were trying to put aside his memories of Duskflower, when his patrol is in ShadowClan's former territory.
- While at a Gathering, Snowstar names the cats who fell as a result of the Great Battle, and Sorreltail is among the list of the fallen mentioned for ThunderClan. This causes a rift within their living Clanmates, however, as they feel they should be able to list and mourn their dead on their own.
- When Duskflower's daughter, Hawkpaw, dies, Grayfoot asks hoarsely how he could bear the death of Duskflower and Hawkpaw. Gorsestar says that she walks with Duskflower in StarClan now.
- When Cinderwhisker mentions him and Sunpelt being happy as mates, despite Sunpelt's kittypet roots, Gorsestar thinks it seems harsh to mention mates when Grayfoot, who is with them, is still grieving for Duskflower.
- It is mentioned that Mosstail died as he was protecting Duskflower from badgers as she gave birth.
- At Specklefur's warrior ceremony, Gorsestar states her name is in recognition of not only her courage, but because Hawkpaw and Duskflower would live in her heart forever.
- When Gorsestar sees the cats who were lost during the Great Battle, he mentions that Duskflower is among them.
In the The Prophecies Begin Arc Edit
Rising Storm Edit
- Duskkit and her siblings, Cloudkit and Alderkit, are born to Blossomtail and Ashstorm, although none of their names are mentioned in this book. Icestorm mistakenly says that there are two she-cats and one tom in the litter, even though Cloudkit and Alderkit are both toms and Duskkit is the only she-cat.
- Duskkit tumbles over her mother's pelt when Flameheart takes her some water-soaked moss to drink from. During the fire, Sweetcloud, Flameheart, and Stormclaw all help Blossomtail get her kits out of the camp and across the river into RiverClan territory to safety. After they reach the RiverClan camp, she and her brothers are seen wailing because of the smoke they had breathed in was hurting their throats. Smallberry, the RiverClan medicine cat, gives them some honey to soothe their throats. They drink the honey tentatively at first, unsure of what it is, but after their first taste of it, they lap it up more enthusiastically.
A Dangerous Path Edit
- She and her brothers are with Blossomtail outside the nursery, watching the older kits play. When a hawk threatens ThunderClan's camp, Blossomtail and Honeystripe push their kits into the nursery to protect them, but Whitekit, Daffodilfur's son, is snatched by the hawk, and is never seen again.
- Duskkit and her brothers are seen playing with their denmates, Gorsekit and Blossomkit. Flameheart watches the kits play. Gorsekit bowls over Duskkit, but she springs up and hurtles herself joyfully back at him.
The Darkest Hour Edit
- Duskkit is said to be the most adventurous of Blossomtail's litter. She follows Mistfall out of the camp and eavesdrops on her while she talks to Snowclaw of ShadowClan on ThunderClan territory. When Mistfall finds out that she overheard them, she is terrified that Duskkit might tell the Clan she had seen her talking to the ShadowClan cat. Instead, she tries to kill her by feeding her deathberries, telling her they were a special treat. Duskkit, not knowing what the berries really were, eats them, and collapses with foam in her mouth. Cinderwhisker sees all of this, and attacks Mistfall.
- Gorsepaw is told by Flamestar to get Mosstail, he then tries to scoop out as much of the deathberries as he can, and Mosstail comes with yarrow and is able to save Duskkit's life. Grayfoot is shown to be feeling very worried about her, because he was supposed to be looking after Mistfall. After Duskkit regains consciousness, she tells Flamestar the whole story, and Mistfall is exiled from ThunderClan.
- Before the battle with BloodClan, Icestorm is shown teaching Duskkit and her brothers some fighting techniques in case the camp gets attacked. After the training, she and her brothers fight over who should be Icestorm's apprentice when they turn six moons old. Icestorm then hints at Flamestar that she'd like to mentor her. After that, Flamestar secretly promises that Icestorm will mentor Duskkit.
In the New Prophecy Arc Edit
- Duskpaw jumps on Gorsefur happily announcing to him that her warrior ceremony was that day. He teases her, saying that she needs to act like a warrior, not a kit. Duskpaw replies that she has waited long enough for this. It is revealed that during her apprenticeship, she was struck by a monster on the Thunderpath, and she was stuck in Mosstail's den for three moons, which delayed her warrior ceremony. Her brothers, Cloudpaw and Alderpaw, got their warrior names, Cloudface and Alderleap, while she was recovering.
- During her warrior ceremony, she walks out with her mentor, Icestorm, both of them looking proud and excited. Icestorm promises Flamestar that Duskpaw is a warrior the Clan can be proud of, and Flamestar gives Duskpaw the warrior name Duskflower.
- At the Gathering, she is described as popular and well-known among the other Clans, having been to several more Gatherings than the average apprentice due to her Thunderpath injury. The Clans murmur their appreciation when Duskflower's name is announced, and she is seen looking very proud.
- When Whitepaw goes over to the RiverClan border to gather celadine, she asks Duskflower to accompany her. She happily agrees and the two of them set off. It is noted that she jumps around the whole time, and her injury is obviously not bothering her. While they are there, they notice that WindClan is still drinking from the river and Duskflower says that they shouldn't be. They talk to Brindleflower and learn that RiverClan has lost cats as well. When Duskflower and Whitepaw return to camp they tell Flamestar and Cinderwhisker about the news.
- Duskflower is in the medicine den with Whitepaw. Whitepaw takes a tick off of Duskflower with mouse bile. After they are done, they go out into the clearing and Flamestar calls a Clan meeting. Seeing the expression on Whitepaw's face, Duskflower asks if she knows what he is going to say, and Whitepaw says she will find out soon enough. Flamestar then tells the Clan that Twolegs have been destroying the forest and he is not sure what to do. Duskflower then turns to Whitepaw and Whitepaw can see her eyes are filled with fear and uncertainty.
- She travels to WindClan with Whitepaw. At first, she is scared of going into WindClan territory, but she soon agrees to go. When they get to WindClan territory, they see a long stretch of scarred land with no grass, and a monster tearing up more land. While they are watching, three WindClan warriors surround them. Jaggedfur and Redfoot demand to know what they are doing on WindClan territory. Whitepaw tries to explain but they won't listen and they attack. Outnumbered, Whitepaw and Duskflower flee back across the border but, go into RiverClan territory. Goldenleaf then saves them and sends the WindClan warriors away. They thank her, and start to leave, but Goldenleaf asks them to stay. Duskflower then asks if Goldenleaf is always careless about the warrior code, and wonders if it was because Goldenleaf's mother was a rogue, much to Whitepaw's distress and anger.
- Duskflower goes out with Whitepaw to investigate the Twolegs. They follow the scent of Twolegs and it leads them to an area with many Twoleg monsters. Whitepaw goes closer to the monster, and is picked up by a Twoleg and put inside a monster. The last that is seen of Duskflower is with a look of horror across her face, and then the door closes, trapping Whitepaw in it. Duskflower can do nothing, and goes back to report what had happened.
- When Gorsefur, Frostpaw, and Eagleflight return from the sun-drown place, Duskflower and Grayfoot are the first cats to greet them at Sunningrocks. Duskflower is shown to be feeling very guilty and depressed about not being able to save Whitepaw from the Twolegs.
- When Whitepaw thinks about Boulderclaw, she remembers when he almost dragged Duskflower back to RiverClan camp just because she mistakenly crossed the border chasing prey. Goldenleaf had luckily persuaded Boulderclaw to let Duskflower go.
- Duskflower helps Frostpaw save Whitepaw as well as the other Clan cats, rogues, and kittypets from the Twolegs. Duskflower wonders what the Twolegs are going to do to Cinderwhisker after they drive away with him stuck in their monster. She tells Whitepaw that Frostpaw had a dream of her being trapped in that place, and they came to rescue her from it. Duskflower asks Penny if her Twolegs would be missing her, and she said they would, but it would be too dangerous to make her way back home yet. Duskflower seems very annoyed about this.
- On the way back, she asks Gorsefur what they are going to tell Flamestar about what happened to Cinderwhisker. The whole group of cats miserably pad back to camp. Duskflower is there when Firestar finds out that Cinderwhisker had been captured by Twolegs. She is seen to be very annoyed of the kittypet, Penny, because she takes most of Whitepaw's time away from her. When Penny leaves to go back to her Twolegs, Duskflower seems to be glad for her to be gone, but doesn't say so to Whitepaw.
- When the journey starts, Duskflower nearly falls off of a cliff, only to be saved by Whitepaw. She breathlessly thanks her. When she and Whitepaw hunt, she stalks a mouse but forgets about Gorsefur's instruction to stay still. The mouse runs into a crack and Duskflower leaps after it, much to Whitepaw's horror. Duskflower tumbles over the edge, wailing in terror as she half-falls, half-skids down the steep slope. She bumps into a stunted hawthorn bush that stops her from falling any farther. Gorsefur, as he arrives, angrily scolds her for not listening to him.
- She is with Whitepaw, complaining that she is hungry, but comments that it looks like there is good hunting grounds at their new place. She also asks Whitepaw what the sign would be.
- Duskflower is with Grayfoot when taking orders from Flamestar. Later, Whitepaw asks her if she's seen Frostnose, but Duskflower replies that she hasn't. When Whitepaw experiences her sister's feelings of sadness and anger, Duskflower asks if she's okay and then goes with Whitepaw to help her look for Duskflower.
- As the Clans get ready to leave to go to their new separate territories, Duskflower sees Nettletail being rude to Whitepaw, and when he's padding away from her, she asks Whitepaw if she wanted for her to deal with him for her.
- When Boulderclaw makes his report about the island from the Clan leaders' tree stump, she is indignant, saying that the stump is only for the leaders, just like the Great Rock was only for leaders at Fourtrees. When Whitepaw and Frostnose talk about Boulderclaw together, Whitepaw remembers the time she was with Duskflower when she accidentally crossed the RiverClan border in the old forest territory. As the Clans leave to go to their separate territories, Duskflower is ordered to stay at the back of the ThunderClan cats with Icestorm to make sure no cat falls behind. She and Grayfoot help guide blind Stormclaw across the stream.
- When Sweetcloud has bellyache from drinking tainted water that Goldenleaf had brought her, she alerts Mosstail. The medicine cat asks her to check Stormclaw and Honeystripe to make sure they are not also ill. She reports back saying that Honeystripe has bellyache but needs to be watched, and that Stormclaw is asleep. She sits with Sweetcloud while she sleeps away the sickness.
- She is a part of the patrol that is sent to explore the territory around the hollow, along with Mousetail, Jayflight, and Hollypool. When they pick up the scent of fox, she offers to go into the hole and have a look around, but Hollypool reminds her that they should never go into strange holes.
- On the way out of the camp to go to the Gathering, Brackenfur checks to make sure that everyone is there and he touches his muzzle to Sorreltail's ear, telling her that he is glad she's going. She purrs in response. Later, Brackenfur asks her if she would like to go hunting with him by themselves. Leafpaw sees this and teases her about it but says she is happy for her.
- Sorreltail helps Whitepaw find the Moonpool, refusing to let her go alone. She convinces Grayfoot, who is on guard duty, to let them leave even though it was the middle of the night. Once there, she asks Whitepaw if she should follow her to the water, but Whitepaw tells her to wait as she should go alone the first time. After Whitepaw visits the Moonpool, she asks Duskflower if she saw the StarClan cats, but Duskflower says that all she saw was a bright mist rising from the pool. When they return, Flamestar thanks Whitepaw and Duskflower for their part in finding the Moonpool.
- When Whitepaw goes to find Snakeberry to tell him about her discovery of the Moonpool, she was originally going to ask Duskflower to accompany her, but she was sharing tongues with Grayfoot and Whitepaw hadn't wanted to disturb them.
- Duskflower sees Whitefeather hiding under a holly bush, Whitefeather says that she is looking for herbs, though Duskflower points out that holly berries are poisonous, and aren't herbs. She then confides in Whitefeather and reveals to her that she is soon going to have Grayfoot's kits. Whitefeather is excited for her. She says that Duskflower will make a great mother and she promises to take care of her. Duskflower says that she thinks Grayfoot will make a great father for the kits. Whitefeather also realizes that Duskflower's kits will be the first kits to be born in the new ThunderClan camp, and in ThunderClan territory. Duskflower then walks off with Grayfoot to tell him the news.
- When Lily and her kits come to ThunderClan, Duskflower takes great interest in her kits, and Frostnose realizes that Duskflower is very close to having her kits. Frostnose asks Whitefeather if she thinks she is kitting soon. Whitefeather snaps back, leaving Frostnose stunned. Flamestar announces that he will allow Lily and her kits to stay as long as they want, because ThunderClan needs new kits, and Duskflower's kits won't arrive for another moon. Duskflower and Grayfoot are seen looking proudly at each other.
- During the badger attack, Duskflower begins her kitting. Mosstail comes into the nursery to deliver the kits and defend them and Duskflower, but a badger breaks into the nursery. Mosstail attempts to protect Duskflower and her unborn kits, but is killed by a blow to his neck. Whitefeather arrives with Nettletail and sees Duskflower with a look of terror in her face, and promises that everything will be alright. Whitefeather then says her last goodbyes to Mosstail, then helps deliver Duskflower's kits. Whitefeather is later seen telling Grayfoot that Duskflower is fine, and has had four healthy kits.
- Duskflower is with her kits after the badger attack. Alderleap is dead, and Cloudface is worried for Duskflower, and how she will cope with the news, since she has to take care of her kits. Cloudface goes to tell Duskflower, and she is devastated. She is seen crying out and dislodging her kits from her belly. Grayfoot comforts her and tells her that she has her kits to think of. Gorsefur comforts her by telling her that Alderleap was a brave warrior. Duskflower then blames herself for Mosstail's death, saying that he could have escaped but he chose to protect her. She also reveals the names of her kits, Stonekit, Thrushkit, Darkkit, and Mosskit. It is noted that Mosskit looks exactly like Mosstail, and is named in his honor.
- Whitefeather comes to bring Duskflower some borage to help her milk come. She sorrowfully remembers the adventures that she had with Duskflower back in the old forest, when they were young and carefree. She realizes that it will never be the same now, with Duskflower as a mother and Whitefeather as a medicine cat.
- When Lily and her kits leave, she seems very distressed and keeps searching for them all over the camp. She remarks that she wants to help look for Lily, but Iceleg tells her that she has to look after her own kits. She lets out a gasp of surprise when Whitefeather flees the nursery while they were talking unbeknownst to her that Whitefeather felt like something horrible was coming.
In the Power of Three Arc Edit
The Sight Edit
- It is revealed that between Sunset and The Sight, her son, Stonepaw, died of a cough that did not respond to Whitefeather's herbs. Her brother Cloudface was killed by a falling tree branch during a storm.
- After Squirrelkit falls off the edge of the top of the camp, she asks Grayfoot if he is better after his sickness of whitecough. She tells him that he should be glad he isn't in the medicine den anymore. Grayfoot reminds her that it's only because of Squirrelkit needing it more than him. Duskflower voices her concern for Squirrelkit and hopes she will be okay. When Petalkit brings back dock leaves from the medicine den, she sees Darkpaw and Thrushpaw, and is reminded how much their slender bodies look like their mother, Duskflower.
- At Squirrelkit's apprentice ceremony, Duskflower breathes her concern for how Squirrelkit can never be a proper warrior. This makes Petalpaw feel bad for her sister and Squirrelkit snaps at her, saying that she wants to be a normal apprentice like everyone else.
- When Duskflower's daughter, Thrushpaw, is sick, she comes to the medicine den and asks Squirrelpaw how she is doing. Squirrelpaw promises her that she would not let Thrushpaw die. Hollypaw comes in and nudges Duskflower, saying that Squirrelpaw will do what she can and she should go hunting with Grayfoot to distract her from her grief. Squirrelpaw later enters Thrushpaw's dream and convinces her to stay away from StarClan. Duskflower is later seen thanking Squirrelpaw for keeping her daughter alive through the night.
Dark River Edit
- When Mosspaw falls out of the Sky Oak, he has to go to the medicine den. Duskflower walks in and plucks the ground with trembling paws. She offers to stay with him, frantic about his injury. She whispers to Mosspaw that may StarClan protect him. Then she takes the sad Thrushpaw and Darkpaw away to go to Grayfoot. After the two medicine cats do all they can for the moment, Whitefeather goes to tell Duskflower what happened.
- When ThunderClan is convinced that Petalpaw has been kidnapped by WindClan, Duskflower hopes that they won't hurt her. Frostnose says that Petalpaw's probably gone off by herself, but Duskflower still frets about why she would miss training. It is noted that Duskflower seems extra worried since she knows how much Petalpaw means to her son, Mosspaw.
- WindClan is ready to plunge into battle with RiverClan, and Darkpaw says that whatever they're doing doesn't make sense, but there's going to be a huge battle. Duskflower heads toward her and, with worry, tells Darkpaw there still might not be, but she doesn't look completely convinced herself.
- When Talonfur and Bouldernose come to get help from ThunderClan, Flamestar introduces them to the Clan. Hickorytuft remarks that he knows he's seen those cats before, and Duskflower wonders what they want, sounding puzzled instead of hostile. Later, she goes on a hunting patrol with Jayflight and Hickorytuft to help feed the newcomers.
- Flamestar says that Wolfpaw will need a temporary mentor, since Frostnose will go on the trip to the Tribe of Rushing Water. Frostnose recommends Duskflower because she's never had an apprentice before. Whitefeather says warmly that Frostnose will be great.
- She goes on a hunting patrol with Cinderwhisker, Pinetail and Squirrelpaw. While they are hunting, Duskflower remarks that she can't wait until her kits become warriors, as they will have their warrior ceremony any day. She laughs when Pinetail remarks that all the old warriors hog all the good nests, and says, teasing, that she won't tell Hickorytuft and Mousetail, to which Pinetail begs her not to.
- Right before Thrushpaw and Darkpaw are made warriors, Duskflower is seen grooming their fur. She sadly remembers Stonepaw, and says that he should be here too. She then asks Whitefeather how Mosspaw is doing, to which Whitefeather replies that he is doing fine.
- Duskflower is chosen as one of the warriors to fight against RiverClan and WindClan on Hickorytuft's lake patrol During the battle against RiverClan and WindClan, Squirrelpaw finds Duskflower and Thrushwing losing a battle to a couple of RiverClan warriors. She helps drive them off, but Duskflower twists her paw. Squirrelpaw makes her go back to camp, but she still wants to fight. When they get to camp, she takes Duskflower to Whitefeather, and tells her that she is in safe paws. Later, after the battle, Squirrelpaw is seen examining Duskflower's paw by shaking it between her teeth, consequently she gasps in pain. To Duskflower's relief, the injury is a lot better than she thought it would be, because her paw is not broken.
Long Shadows Edit
- When Blossomcloud and her kits seek refuge from ThunderClan, the cats think that they shouldn't keep her. This leads the conversation to fighting ShadowClan and driving Comet out. Duskflower speaks up and says sharply that there's been enough fighting. She looks at Frostnose nervously to prove her point. She, Hickorytuft, Thornheart, Petalshine, and Nightbreeze lead a hunting patrol later to feed the ShadowClan cats.
- On that same hunting patrol, Duskflower gets angry when Nightbreeze scares away some prey she was stalking. She apologizes to her, but the need for prey makes Duskflower unwilling to forgive her. She tells Nightbreeze that sorry fills no bellies, though Nightbreeze doesn't think it is a very big deal.
- After they get back from the hunting patrol, Hickorytuft remarks that the Clan would eat well today. Then he breaks off in a cough. Duskflower says that he should see Whitefeather as soon as they get back. Hickorytuft retorts that he's fine, ending with another cough. Duskflower flashes back that he is not fine and that he will see Whitefeather. Petalshine thinks that Duskflower is the only apprehensive cat about Hickorytuft, especially he was her temporary mentor. Hickorytuft recoils, reluctantly agreeing and that she doesn't need to be so bossy.
- After a hunting patrol, Duskflower catches a rabbit as big as she is. Hawkclaw says that they should eat something to get their strength up, but Duskflower refuses, saying one of the sick cats should eat her share. Hawkclaw retorts that she will eat, since it won't do the Clan any good if she gets sick too. Duskflower reluctantly agrees. Later, she is shown to be scared if Gorsefur gets greencough, too.
- She helps get fresh moss for every sick cat, being very cheerful about the task, even when everyone else is disgruntled.
- When the Clan is convinced that WindClan was Hawkclaw's murderer, Duskflower remains one of the cats that disagrees. She says they can't be sure that WindClan murdered him. Thornheart interrupts her and says that he died on the WindClan border and that's proof enough for him. Duskflower turns to him and says that she wants more proof than where his body was found before she starts blaming any cat. Later, she is chosen to go on a patrol to WindClan to ask if Larkstar and his warriors saw Hawkclaw's murderer. During the patrol, she comments that it doesn't feel like their territory anymore. She also refers to Comet as a crowfood-eating menace. When they finally get to WindClan, she remarks that she can't imagine why any cat would want to live there. She and her mate, Grayfoot, are slightly aggressive when WindClan's leader, Larkstar, mentions the idea of one of ThunderClan's cats being responsible for the death of Hawkclaw.
- When ThunderClan has Comet captive, Flamestar wants to prove that Comet murdered Hawkclaw. Duskflower comes up with the idea to have Comet bite a leaf and then to compare the bite markings on Hawkclaw's body to see if they are similar. Flamestar says that's brilliant and congratulates Duskflower on the wonderful idea, but Whitefeather refuses, scared about them finding out the true identity of his killer.
- Duskflower's daughter, Darkcloud, dies of a snake bite, taking the blow for Hazelkit when a snake is found in camp, about to land its fangs in Hazelkit. Before she and Grayfoot reach Darkcloud, she buries her head into his shoulder and whispers to Grayfoot that she couldn't stand to lose another kit after Stonepaw died. When Whitefeather stares at Duskflower's son, Mosscloud, as if Mosstail would help her, Duskflower demands why she isn't doing anything. Whitefeather tells her sadly that the poison had taken hold of her, and that there was nothing she could do. She lets out a wail of grief, but is comforted by Grayfoot. She grieves when Darkcloud dies, and sits vigil for her. After her vigil, Petalshine comes up to Sorreltail to comfort her. Duskflower tells Petalshine that Darkcloud cared for them, and worried about them when Frostnose couldn't give them milk. After she talks to Petalshine, she tells her that she is going to sleep and see if Darkcloud will walk in her dreams.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc Edit
The Fourth Apprentice Edit
- While Streamstar is giving her report at the Gathering, she accuses all of the Clans of stealing prey. Flamestar tries to console her on accusing all of them and Duskflower comments about how Flamestar is right, and that they should not be ruffling each other's fur but rather helping each other.
- Gorsefur is gathering a patrol to escort Goosefur back to RiverClan after he was caught in the mud. After they leave him in the paws of Brindleflower and his muttered thanks, she comments that he could have been more grateful for the ThunderClan cats' help. Gorsefur shrugs in response, saying that no cat likes to admit help from another Clan.
- Then, while Smokepaw uses her special senses, she hears Duskflower hunting with Grayfoot in the forest. Duskflower catches a squirrel and Grayfoot congratulates her on her catch. Smokepaw shuts them out soon, not wanting to listen anymore. Duskflower and Grayfoot are later noted that they are out hunting with Gorsefur by Iceleg when Thrushwing goes missing.
- Duskflower becomes a grandmother when her daughter, Thrushwing, gives birth to Owlwhisker's kits, one tom and one she-cat named Stonekit and Spiderkit.
Fading Echoes Edit
- Nightbreeze asks if she was looking for Mosscloud, and she replies no. She tells Nightbreeze that she is going on a hunting patrol, because Squirrelfern told her that her shoulder was healed after she wrenched it a few days ago. She then asks if Mosscloud was there and she gazes at her son. Her eyes glow with pride when she sees Mosscloud climbing the tree. She comments that Whitefeather was a great medicine cat, making Nightbreeze angry at her own mother again.
- Nightbreeze then remembers Mallowheart and asks where they were going. She replies that they were going by the WindClan border, and Nightbreeze feels relieved, thinking that if WindClan really were in trouble, the hunting patrol would notice and Cinderwhisker would have decided whether to help them or not.
- When ShadowClan and ThunderClan are fighting over territory, she battles Toadwhisker. She mews furiously at Smokepaw to help her. Smokepaw knocks Toadwhisker's paws from under him, and he lands on his belly. Duskflower growls a thank you at Smokepaw and continues to battle Toadwhisker.
- She is the first to see Flamestar lose a life, and shrieks out loud. She is mentioned to be leaning over him with her eyes clouding. When Icestorm asks what is wrong, Duskflower grimly replies that Flamestar is losing a life.
Night Whispers Edit
- Her wounds from the battle against ShadowClan are being treated by Squirrelfern. She asks Squirrelfern if she had talked to Whitefeather about Hazelgaze's condition yet, and Squirrelfern gives her a frustrated reply.
- Duskflower is with Grayfoot, matching his walking pace step by step. When Nightbreeze sees them like that, she wishes that it could be her and their son, Mosscloud, walking like that, with their kits running at their paws.
Sign of the Moon Edit
- Duskflower is at the Clan meeting at the foot of the cliff with Icestorm, Hickorytuft, and Jayflight.
- She is seen gossiping beside the fresh-kill pile with Thornheart and Grayfoot. When Sleekshine and Palecloud get out from tunnels, Duskflower is seen with a blackbird feather stuck to her nose.
- She is part of a ThunderClan exercise, which is held during the night. Duskflower is chosen to lead the a patrol with Palecloud, Nightbreeze and Owlwhisker. She asks suggestions from Palecloud and then says that she knows what Grayfoot, her mate, is thinking. After they finish discussing, her patrol splits up. She and Owlwhisker go to the Twoleg nest, while Palecloud and Nightbreeze track down one of Grayfoot's patrol. In the end, her patrol wins.
- After everyone is settled down, they discuss about their mistakes and what they had learned. Duskflower admits that they had some mistakes too. She had forgotten how many ways there were to get inside the nest, and that she and Owlwhisker almost ran into each other. She then follows Grayfoot out of the Twoleg nest.
The Forgotten Warrior Edit
- At a Clan meeting, Grayfoot happily announces that Duskflower is once again expecting kits, although her age and stiff joints worry Squirrelfern. Later on, at night, Smokeflower hears Duskflower wailing in the distance. She goes to tell Squirrelfern, and they both go down to the lake, where Smokeflower says Duskflower's voice is coming from. They find her lying by the lake, yowling. Duskflower is kitting and complains that it hurts and Squirrelfern says that it is the stiffness that she warned her about. Soon Grayfoot and Iceleg come along and Grayfoot demands if Duskflower is alright. Gorsefur, Hickorytuft and Mousetail arrive moments later. Squirrelfern starts telling cats what to do rather coldly, and her tone surprises Iceleg and Smokeflower. Duskflower starts crying out for Whitefeather. Miraculously, Whitefeather appears and goes to sit down beside Duskflower, although rather hesitantly. Duskflower soon gives birth to two she-kits, although Duskflower is too exhausted to give them proper care. She and her kits are taken back to camp.
- Half a moon later, her kits are named Hawkkit and Specklekit.
- When Petalshine reveals she had a part in Hawkclaw's death, Duskflower is shown to be very protective of her kits, sweeping Specklekit and Hawkkit close with her tail.
The Last Hope Edit
- When Gorsefur declares that when the Clans are nervous they are dangerous, Duskflower asks if that's why WindClan tried to attack ThunderClan through the tunnels. Later on she is sharing tongues with Mousetail at the edge of the clearing.
- Duskflower is later on seen in a patrol with Frostnose and Nightbreeze. When Frostnose yawns, and tells Duskflower that she couldn't wait to get back to her nest, Duskflower tells her that it wasn't late, it was just getting colder outside.
- When Hollypool has kitted, Smokeflower tells Specklekit to go and tell Duskflower that she had kitted. Duskflower pokes her head out of the warriors' den, asking if WindClan is planning to invade, to which Firestar answers they're not sure. When Flamestar warns ThunderClan about Dark Forest cats, Duskflower lifts her chin and claims that no one will hurt ThunderClan kits.
- Before the battle starts, Gorsefur, Petalshine and Frostnose start organizing warriors to go to each Clan. Gorsefur suggests Duskflower should go with Mousetail and Thornheart to ShadowClan. In the beginning of the final battle, it ends up Flamestar ordering Duskflower to go help ShadowClan with Mousetail and Thornheart. She hesitates while looking back at the nursery, where Specklekit and Hawkkit are, but dips her head and charges after her two Clanmates when Flamestar promises to keep her kits safe.
- When Nightbreeze brings Cinderwhisker and the ShadowClan warriors back to their camp, she notices Duskflower, Mousetail and Thornheart are gone. Nutwhisker sees her looking for them and tells him that they must have chased some of the Dark Forest warriors away from the camp.
- After her patrol returns to the camp, Smokeflower notices Duskflower pinning Mistfall to the ground. She is seen battling with Mistfall again, who runs away from her after Shatteredstar dies. She then goes to her kits, saying that it's safe for them to come out now.
- When Icestorm tries to help Flamestar fight Redstar, Duskflower reaches out and pulls her back by her scruff, stating that she can't change his destiny. When the spirits of the dead cats go to StarClan, she gasps as Sweetcloud's spirit leaps from her body and follows Flamestar, with Iceleg and Frostnose trailing behind her to StarClan.
In the Starlingpaw's Path Arc Edit
A Clan in Need Edit
- Duskpaw is an apprentice when she and Cloudpaw go out to hunt for Icestorm and the kits. Later, Cloudpaw comes running back to camp yowling that Duskpaw has been attacked by rogues. A rescue party is sent out to find Duskpaw. When they find her, she is on the ground next to a tree. While they carry her back she says there were many rogues that had attacked her. It is the trouble she went through that causes Max to go up to Flamestar and reveal what he knows about his past and BloodClan.
In the Field Guide Arc Edit
The Ultimate Guide Edit
- Duskflower is briefly mentioned on Mosstail's page. The book reveals that she is the mother of Mosscloud and his siblings.
- Although not given a speaking role, she is seen in StarClan. As Squirrelfern and Gorsefur arrive for the latter's leadership ceremony, Duskflower is among the cats present to see the ceremony, congratulate the new ThunderClan leader, and wish him well. She was also mentioned in Gorsefur's thoughts about the recent deaths in ThunderClan.
- It is mentioned on Nettletail's page that Mosstail was killed by a badger, just as Duskflower's kits came to the world.
In the Novellas Edit
Whitefeather's Wish Edit
- Duskflower says that she will bring some marigold for Mosskit around sun-high. Duskflower blinks gratefully at Whitefeather. Duskflower is happy with taking care of her family of four. Grayfoot mentions that the nursery is crowded with Lilystream and Duskflower's kits. Whitefeather thinks that it is wise the Duskflower kept what happened to Flamestar a secret from her kits.
- Duskflower is seen walking out of the nursery telling her kits to stop bothering the warriors. Duskflower winces when Darkpaw runs into Rainpaw. Duskflower then tells her kits be careful. She looks at Whitefeather and asks how StarClan thought that she could cope with four of them, although her voice is full of love as she says it. Whitefeather flinches and Duskflower asks if she's okay. Whitefeather says that she's fine then thinks that she should leave because Duskflower is an experienced queen and would know what an expecting she-cat would look like. Whitefeather makes an excuse to leave and as she walks she can feel Duskflower looking at her.
- Duskflower walks out from behind the nursery and seeing that Rainpaw dislocated her tail, she reassures Mousetail and tells him that it's not his fault.
Petalshine's Story Edit
- Duskflower does not formally appear in Petalshine's Story but is listed in the allegiances.
Brindlestar's Omen Edit
- Duskflower does not formally appear in Brindlestars' Omen but is listed in the allegiances.
Smokeflower's Silence Edit
- Duskflower is first mentioned when Grayfoot asks where she is. Hollypool tells Brackenfur that she last saw her in the nursery. Grayfoot then heads into the nursery to look for her. Smokeflower tries to use her power to find Duskflower after Grayfoot goes into the nursery, but hears nothing.
- Smokeflower hears Grayfoot say that Duskflower is not and she enters the nursery, and the first thing she notices is the smell of blood. When she looks in Duskflower's nest, Duskflower is slumped on her side, the ground and nest are sticky with her blood. Specklekit pops up from behind Duskflower and tells the older cats that she can't wake her up. Hawkkit then says that Duskflower must be really tired from the fighting. Grayfoot then gazes at Duskflower, and her eyes are half-closed as if she just dozed off. Smokeflower then tells Hawkkit and Specklekit to come with her. When Specklekit is coming over to Smokeflower she steps in Duskflower's ear and quickly tells her that she is sorry. Smokeflower then sees that the kit's belly fur is covered in Duskflower's blood. When Smokeflower looks back she sees Grayfoot crumpled next to Duskflower's body, curled around her head. He then pleads for her to wake up, saying that their kits need her.
- Petalshine walks up to Smokeflower asking her what's wrong, the latter replying that Duskflower is dead. Spiderpaw sways on her paws in grief and Rainwing grimaces sadly. Petalshine then states, confused, she said that she was fine. Petalshine then asks if anyone knew that Duskflower was hurt. Icestorm then tells Petalshine that if she was hurt that badly that nothing could have been done. Petalshine argues that they could have tried. Grayfoot then wails for Duskflower not to leave him. Cinderwhisker then says that the Dark Forest has claimed another victim and that Duskflower will watch over them from StarClan.
- Whitefeather walks up to Smokeflower and asks her if she has any wounds, and she informs her of Duskflower's demise. Whitefeather jumps up and trips over Wolfspeck, shocked, before she says that Duskflower didn't tell her that she was hurt. Smokeflower then whispers that she didn't tell anyone, and that she just wanted to be with her kits. Whitefeather's shoulders slump, and she says that nothing can be done for her now.
- Duskflower is based on Cherith Baldry's own cat, Dusky.
- She has WindClan blood through Finchfur, and SkyClan blood through Blossomtail.
- Even though she became a warrior in Midnight, she is still listed as an apprentice in the allegiances of Moonrise.
Character Pixels Edit
Please do not edit this gallery